The Next Generation of Network Connectivity
With Software-defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) from Telesystem, businesses can take control of their network by reducing complexity and costs and improving application performance. SD-WAN provides companies increased network visibility, application-level insights and the ability to optimize traffic routing all centrally managed and maintained by Telesystem. Additionally, SD-WAN allows branch locations to leverage bandwidth intensive applications that were previously only available to larger offices, while multiple layers of security protect against Internet and branch cyber threats.
Telesystem has leveraged a number of strategic partnerships to develop Managed SD-WAN solutions for any size business, with a full range of SD-WAN and security features, customized to fit their business, budget, and network needs.
Telesystem’s SD-WAN solution enables businesses to re-architect their WAN and branch office networks through a software-based and multi-service approach to SD-WAN, allowing them to reduce the Capex and Opex of their WAN and branch networks, and increase the capacity of their IT teams.
Our fully managed solution turns the network into an agile resouce through a software-based approach that allows Telesystem to rapidly provision new branch offices, dynamically add new network and security functions, and seamlessly scale capacity as required.
Deploying SD-WAN offers many benefits to meet network demands including:
- More transport options: What if there were multiple alternative routes available to drivers caught in a hypothetical network traffic jam? SD-WAN delivers such a benefit to applications on your network, through its support for commodity broadband, cellular (e.g., 4G LTE) connectivity and dedicated internet access, in addition to MPLS - reducing reliance on private MPLS only links.
- Reduced Costs: Because of the ability to use alternative transport types, your company experiences reduced WAN costs and scaled capacity through the use of lower-priced broadband connections.
- Automated decision making: Like Waze or Google Maps, an SD-WAN controller is always searching for the best possible routes. It might send traffic down a public or private connection depending on the current state of the network. The underlying transport does not matter as much as the path quality for your most demanding apps.
- Enhanced security: With many everyday services moving to the cloud, it's important to have peace of mind that their workloads are as safe as possible from interception and data leakage. SD-WAN solutions provide encryption alongside various security integrations that protect cloud-bound traffic.
- Centralized network visibility and management: SD-WAN is essentially a software layer that automates the configuration of all edge routers. As such, it offers comprehensive insight into network conditions and enables quick, easy configuration as requirements evolve. Management is more streamlined compared to the lengthier, more ad hoc processes associated with MPLS-only WANs and network services can easily be aligned to user and application needs to support bandwidth intensive applications and workloads. Greater visibility also means maintained connectivity for improved business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Improved branch deployments: Improved application performance and quality of service for remote and branch workers along with the ability to add new locations without a lengthy deployment window. SD-WAN also offers reduced complexity & maintenance with simplified remote office CPE requirements.
How it Works
Software-defined wide area networking adds a layer of software on top of the existing network to automate the configuration of edge routers and direct traffic over a mix of wireless and broadband network access.
This solution allows Telesystem to set up dynamic policies that direct your traffic over the best path available based upon application priority. If a business experiences a high-traffic situation, SD-WAN offers a real time network solution and better customized management of traffic across the network.
Included in Telesystem's SD-WAN Solution:
- Site equipment
- Software licenses
- Plug and Play Solutions for Every Site
- Zero Touch Provisioning
- Secure Internet access at each site
- Management Portal, or single pane of glass, with access to all locations
- Ability to chain service requests
- Ongoing configuration managed by Telesystem
- Flexible Provisioning & Management
- Advanced, Detailed Analytics
- Built-in Firewall
- Routing & App Sharing
- Application layer control and awareness
- Provisioning and management of all connectivity, including broadband, or customer can supply their own connection
- End-to-end encryption for dynamic branch-to-branch connectivity
- Wireless backup (available as a redundant connectivity option)